.

.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Diva Grilled Cheese

Diva grilled cheese.
 
There's something so amazing about carbs, butter, and processed cheese all melded together. When waitressing at Helen's Restaurant in Machias, I never understood people who ordered a grilled cheese. Really? You go out to eat and you order a grilled cheese? I will say that there is something about a restaurant grill and that homemade bread that makes it a little easier to understand. One special lady that I know, ordered a grilled cheese EVERY TIME SHE CAME TO EAT. However, this was no ordinary grilled cheese. This grilled cheese is kind of like a diva grilled cheese in that there are certain elements that are absolutely necessary to make it amazing. Pickled jalapenos, American cheese (not yellow...it just bothers me), and wheat bread (or white bread...)....that is the grilled cheese part.
But there are two more things that you HAVE to have with this grilled cheese. Salty potato chips and sour cream. Sadly enough, the potato chips that I have here in Clayton Lake are not what I prefer. You need a potato chip with substance....something like a rippled Lay's potato chip. And I have to have my sour cream cold cold cold...so I put it in the freezer for a little bit before I'm ready to eat this scrumptious meal. Because of the minced red onion that I like to add to my sour cream, when my husband came inside to give me a kiss, he said, "Your breath could gag a maggot." Baha
 There's something about the saltiness of the chips, the creaminess and coolness of the sour cream, the crispy bread, the smooth cheese, and the spicy jalapenos. Almost stupidly simple yet so delicious. It's amazing. Try it. You might love it.

 

3 comments:

  1. Lol Rianne!!! I think of you so often, and continue to be amazed by your positive outlook on life! I will pray for you and maybe one day come for a visit :) I love your blog and keep thinking that you should write a book! I love Helen's grilled cheese and jalapeno sandwich. No one makes them better. God bless you and your family my friend <3 Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely knew you were talking about Janie, but I think you forgot the onion, unless she's changed <3
    You are special, Rianne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya sometimes she has onions in it...and she does another one with OLIVES in it. :(( Bleck! lol.

    ReplyDelete