.

.

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Canada Lynx



 
This post doesn't really need anything other than the pictures. They are enough. What an absolutely beautiful animal. I am insanely jealous that Evan was able to snap a couple of pictures of this mystical creature. He was able to get the lynx's attention by making squeaking sounds. He stopped, turned around, and sat. What I would give to be able to take some pictures with my camera. These pictures were taken with his work camera pressed up against his binoculars. They still came out gorgeous. For now I will cross my fingers and hope that I'll get my turn someday.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. He was down by the Churchill Dam road. I hoooope I get to see one!!! :)

      Delete
    2. I hope you do too!!! Have a good day!

      Delete
  2. Are you at Clayton Lake? If so, I've never seen it from the air from that angle to see the <3 shape! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are, Jolyne!!! We didn't know it was in a heart shape either until my Mom flew over a couple of weeks ago and snapped that picture. I love it, too!!! Did you guys stay here?? Evan wasn't sure if you had lived here for a while. We saw some snow tonight.

      Delete
  3. We lived at the IP depot for five years. Our first place was a little camp that used to sit between the big 'ole barn and the road. Then we moved "up" and were in the duplex furthest to the left when your back is to the lake. I so loved it there! You must be home schooling! I wish I knew then what I know now about homeschooling - we may never have moved "to town"! We eventually figured out homeschooling and spent 11 years with our kids at home! It's a great way of life - I envy you...a little bit. Retirement has its good times, too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Beautiful animal. I lived in the woods a lot of years and i have seen a lot of moose but not a lynx. We were living in Saint-Cyprien Dorchester(Québec), near the baker lake area in Maine.

    Mark Boucher

    ReplyDelete