.

.

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Daffodil: One of spring's friendliest faces

IMG_8756
 
Today I'm so thankful for this friendly daffodil who came out to say hello yesterday. With the thermometer reading -15 early this morning, I welcome any sign of spring even if it is inside the house. As Mainers, we know that March 1st means one thing...that the days to follow are going to be a jumble of mixed signals.
 
I am interested to see how bad the spring thaw will be up here in the North Woods. From what we have heard....it might not be pleasant. We've been told that the Allagash river will come up in certain places and wash out the road.

At 17 degrees I guess it's not something I have to worry about today. Instead, I will sit here in this sunny kitchen with my friendly daffodil and enjoy a cup of coffee (while two little boys run around screaming and throwing things like wild animals). :)

Happy Saturday!
 
IMG_8754

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the color. It's much needed and enjoyed in this never ending winter.

    ReplyDelete