.

.

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Ashland Adventures

We decided to venture out the other day. It's been about three weeks since the boys and I have left the house. Ashland has become a place where we can go for a change in scenery. A place where we can see other human faces and get some fresh social interaction. 
 

It isn't very often that I get to be a passenger on the Realty road and I took full advantage. My camera was out and ready in case any creatures decided to show themselves, but I'd say that they're still pretty well hunkered down. We saw a couple of deer when we crossed the Aroostook river in Ashland.
Now I know that the Ashland One Stop doesn't look like much....but I am in love with their pizza. I don't know, maybe it's the fact that it's the closest place I can go for someone else to make my family and myself dinner...but I don't think that's it. I would openly call myself somewhat of a food snob...I can be quite particular. The crust is nice and crunchy and topped with the perfect proportions of cheese and sauce. It's one of the reasons that I look forward to our trips to Ashland!
 
A package was waiting at the post office for the boys sent from Florida, filled with shark gummies, stuffed gators, plastic gators and other little trinkets. We stopped at IF&W headquarters to visit with our Warden friends. It's always an exciting stop for the boys...they know they will get treats and attention from someone other than mom and dad. Jackson loves the badges and pins and lollipops and gadgets...and Andrew always runs strait for the lynx display.

 
 The most exciting part of the trip other than the pizza? There are a few bare spots of road where the dirt is not covered with any white stuff. I never though dirt could look so lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment