.

.

Saturday, December 14, 2013

A Change in Scenery

I have been in the woods since the 31st and have left the house/yard once, to go check traps with Evan. I have seen three humans other than the ones that I live with. The fuel man, a retired Warden, and a forester who works at the logging depot.

A change in scenery was much overdo. This afternoon we packed up and got ready to head out in search of moose.
We got lucky and spotted around 20 moose. Five bulls, several cows, and a couple of cows with their calves. Most of them did NOT want their picture taken, but there were a few who stood pretty for me for a couple of minutes.
Otter tracks. Evan told me tonight that the otter will run and then slide...so those are the drag marks that you see.
Otter tracks. The otter runs and then slides...so those are the drag marks that you see.
IMG_7740
Momma and her baby
Momma and her baby
IMG_7771
There were several times that I looked back at the blazer and asked Evan if I should stop walking closer. Even though they tend to act a little numb, they intimidate me a little! I was very excited to get these shots.

Beautiful afternoon with my boys....now bring on this storm!

12 comments:

  1. Glad you had a change of scenery and got these amazing shots!! Be safe up there! The snow hitting our windows sounds like it is mixing...that should cut down on our amounts...but hope it doesn't put the power out....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy!! Saw those awesome deer shots you posted today....they look so fluffy and dark brown!

      Delete
  2. I can imagine how excited you were to finally get some great pictures of them! Photos are beautiful! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these pictures and cannot wait to come visit you! And see MOOSE! :) Keep up the amazing work on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, friend!!! :) And I cannot wait until your visit!!! Clayton Lake won't ever be the same! :))

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the success of your blog. My husband suggested that I check it out and I am happy that I did. As a fellow Warden's Wife, I look forward to following your adventures up north :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Bobbie!!! Are you a Warden wife from Maine??? I'm glad you're enjoying it. :)

      Delete
  5. If you ever want to get together, you know which cabin is mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Emma!! I already wrote on a facebook status that it was so awesome that you stopped by and that we would definitely be visiting you! :)

      Delete